The Ocean City Police Department will be holding several test dates for interested candidates applying for seasonal and full time Police Officers, Public Safety Aides, and Communications Operators. Successful candidates will remain on the eligibility list for 18 months.
- October 16 & 17, 2021
- November 20 & 21, 2021
- December 18 & 19, 2021
- January 8 & 9, 2022
- January 29 & 30, 2022
- February 19 & 20, 2022 (Read Below Concerning This Date)
(It is recommended that applicants test as early as possible. This will ensure that there is plenty of time to complete the background process, as well as find affordable housing.)
Wor-Wic Community College, Guerrieri Hall Building (GH) (Click for campus map) 32000 Campus Drive, Salisbury, MD 21801
All Positions begin testing at 8AM….doors will open at 7AM
If you are interested in testing, please make a reservation by emailing [email protected] with the dates you wish to attend and the position you are applying for. Then we recommend you take a look at the Automatic Disqualifiers located under the “Testing” tab.
If you need to make hotel reservations, we recommend The Grand Hotel located at 2100 Baltimore Avenue, Ocean City, Maryland. You can make reservations at (410)-289-3684. (This hotel will not be available for the October 16-17 testing dates.)
- Police Officer Applicants: Workout Attire
- Public Safety Aides/ Communications Operators: Business Attire
What do I need to bring?
- Completed Town of Ocean City Application
- Driver’s License
- Physician’s Waiver Form Signed by Doctor (Police Applicants Only) (If your physician’s waiver is not signed by a doctor or you fail to bring it with you to testing you will not be eligible to participate in the physical agility portion of the testing)
Public Safety Aide interviews will be completed Saturday morning after successful completion of the written exam.
Police Officer interview times will be assigned on Saturday afternoon after successful completion of the written/ physical testing portions. Police Officer Interviews occur on Sundays at OCPD Headquarters (6501 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842).
Communication operators testing and interviews will occur on Saturdays at OCPD Headquarters (6501 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842).