Communications Operator Training
Applicants who successfully complete the selection process and are offered employment as a Public Safety Communications Operator will attend a two-week training program that will begin the second week of May 2022.
Seasonal Public Safety Communications Operators will receive training in numerous topics to include:
- Call Taking Telephone Procedures
- Police Dispatching Procedures
- Fire/EMS Dispatching Procedures
- Beach Patrol Dispatching Procedures
- DATA dispatching Procedures
- Customer Service
- Town of Ocean City Geography
Public Safety Communications Operators whom successfully complete the training program are assigned to work 40 hours per week in the Emergency Services Communications Center.